View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 16, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

New York Dh 40th Trip report Day 2

I couldn't believe it I was awake at 130am. I was so annoyed with myself. I think I nodded in and out of sleep before giving up at 330 and running a bath. I distrurbed dh who luckily wasn't annoyed but instead went out to find us coffees
About 6 we headed out for breakfast. We had heard of Pershing pancakes thanks to some kind dibbers so off we headed for grand central station we had nice breakfast but it was expensive above $100 with tip.
After our fill we had a steady walk down to Times Square we wanted tickets for the hop on hop off bus. (Recommended)
We run into a couple of people who we booked tickets with and off we went to get a bus. Our plan was Stratton island ferry, then world trad, then the memorials.
When we got off the bus it was sooo cold we decided against the ferry and took photos of the statue from a far. We then had a lovely walk down Wall Street. Had a pic with the bull. One of my favourite films of all time is die hard 3. We had great fun looking at all the spots where the filming took place. We heard that the federal reserve do tours but we decided against it, but imagine seeing all that gold
We got a coffee and a donut from dunking donuts $14, then we walked up towards the one world centre. We stumbled accossthe memorials so took some time here. I wasn't expecting it to be as emotional as it was.
Then it was time to go up the tower all I can say is wow. I don't want to spoil it for others but those who have been know what I mean!
Message me if you want more info. We did some shopping at century 21.
Back on the bus up to Times Square then a walk back to our hotel. To drop off our shopping. We then had tickets to the Knicks game. We got a taxi up to Madison square gardens and ate in steak house nearby. Very expensive $54 a steak! Our bill was $160
The Knicks game was amazing loved every bit of it. Would highly recommend.
Taxi back to our hotel about 1030 and sleep!

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying

Edited at 07:14 PM.
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List