View Single Post
Old 5 May 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

What we did!

Visited the iconic Hotel Peninsula – everything everywhere was still decorated from celebrating the Chinese New Year which was really special to see.

Lantern Festival – again we were pleased to see this as it is only on at this time of year.

Hong Kong Disneyland – we couldn't not visit! My favourite ride was Mystic Manor. It is a really compact park, there were no queues at all, but it absolutely chucked it down. It didn't stop us, but unfortunately rides did close and the parade was cancelled, but we still made the most of it. I booked our tickets in advance online directly with HK Disney.

The MTR is special as well which takes you there.

Aqualuna Harbour Cruise – There are lots of different ones to book but I booked the one that coincided with the Symphony of Light display on the buildings in the harbour. We both really enjoyed this. Included in the price was a beer, glass of wine or soft drink and the very traditional junk boat takes you up and down the harbour, then stops for the light display and pipes the music that the lights are in tune with. Again, I booked this online before we went directly with Aqualuna. There are two boats, one with a red sail and one with a white.

Night Markets – crazy busy markets, just as you would expect. Everyone trying to sell you their wares! You have to barter but I'm not great with this so I got my dh to do it for me! Still good fun and definitely an experience!

Ngong Ping – cables cars and Tian Tan Buddha. Unfortunately the day I had booked this for, the cable cars were suspended due to high winds, but I asked our concierge at the hotel to call and rearrange the booking which she did. I'm not great with heights and was really nervous about this, and had not booked a crystal cabin – glass floor! - as I knew I wouldn't be able to cope with that at all! In reality, it was really smooth and I really enjoyed it! When we started out, the weather wasn't great and was dull and wet, but ended up catching the sun and getting red as the weather was so changeable and was bright and sunny a couple of hours later.

Good views of the airport coming back down.

Victoria Peak Tram – unfortunately it was super misty on the day we had arranged this for and we didn't really have any other time we could do it, so went anyway, but we missed the spectacular views that we know are there!

Man Mo Temple – incredible incense going on here. A bit too much for me as it caught the back of my throat but a lovely place to look at and felt very peaceful.

Happy Valley Races – this was a super evening out and so cheap! We took the MTR to the nearest station, then caught a cab to the racecourse but it was nearer than we thought and probably could have walked. We paid extra (£1! ) to go up into the stand and have an allocated seat. We didn't win anything but had great fun betting away – tiny amounts! - and cheering on the horses. It was a great atmosphere, there were bands playing and other entertainment. The food was really reasonable too.

Shopping at Times Square Mall – never seen a mall quite like it with so many escalators!

Trips on the Star Ferry – we paid extra (the equivalent of 5p! ) to go onto the upper deck rather than the lower deck. It was $2 for the lower and $2.50 for the upper so 20p and 25p for the crossing. Also, I only realised on our last trip we made that you can move the back of the seat, it flips backwards and forwards, so you can face the way of travel – very clever!

Tram ride – for the tram, star ferry, MTR you can use the Octopus card. They can also be used in McDonalds, 7/11 and loads of other places too for entry – Happy Valley and Victoria Peak too.

Edited at 04:29 PM.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List