View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Last Trip before Lockdown Mar 20 Day 1 Fifty Shades of Flagler: Pick any colour as long as its Grey

Yesterday is HERE

Wednesday 4th March

Despite the interruption of the pesky smoke alarm, I did eventually drift off because the next time I looked at the clock it was 5am

As this was a short trip we thought there was not much point adjusting to US time so we had coffee and watched the news for a while before getting up around 8

I took a few more pics of the apartment in the daylight

This table design fascinated me

And a few around the resort on the walk over to the reception block

Where I reported the faulty alarm and arranged to have it repaired.

First morning breakfasts are traditionally Perkins for us but -oh the horror-there isn’t one in Palm Coast so back to old faithful, Bob.

Wow everyone in here was so friendly and welcoming. And it’s so much quieter than Orlando too. Which was good as we were still a bit tired.

Andy went for the everything breakfast bowl

I had the Original Farmer with sausage patties, hash browns , scrambled eggs and a crepe.

What can I say... ooh that crepe was

Great start to the day for $26

Over breakfast we found the address of the company who were holding the title deed to our land - we needed to take a copy with us to the builders today to go with the contract.

This was only 10 minutes or so from Bob’s and we were there shortly after they opened and after producing our passports were swiftly on our way with the paperwork in hand.
So far so good.

We had arranged to be at the Showhouse at 1.30 so this left us a few hours to drive round and check out some of the show homes and also house colours - as the exterior paint choices were proving to be a tricky choice.

Our main stop was this show house in the style we have chosen : SPOILER ALERT - we picked the exterior colours of this house

Later in the day we would come back and go round inside but for now we had a look round the outside and I have lots of pictures of stuff like the door and shutter panel colours, gutters, hurricane shutter fittings, hosepipe bibs and other such exciting things.

I wont bore you with all those but will share one I took through the window

It was around 12 now and we drove over to the main show home where we were meeting the others - the others being the sales agent and our friends the realtors

We had decided to go a bit early so we could have a look at the options before others arrived

Thus keeping any major domestic fallouts well contained in advance and purely to ourselves - like whether white cabinets throughout the house were grounds for separation or not - you know, that sort of stuff

We made a pretty good start on the options before they arrived - working out what we definitely didn’t like and having a number of things in mind that we did like - all depending on the price.

The options book is 96 pages and the list of extras runs to hundreds of lines , tough choices ahead!

A couple of hours later and we had slogged through the main stuff.

Mainly the colour of cabinets

Countertops

Tiles

Carpet

And Flooring - plus where we thought the carpet and flooring would go = yes I know they both go on the floor but i mean where one finishes and the other starts

None of the choices were really easy - the flooring was hard as we really liked the ceramic floor tiles but we felt the wood was going to be more forgiving and durable.

Whilst there was lots of choice, some things were very fixed = so the cabinets had to be the same colour in the kitchen and bathrooms. Hence the white debate as we quite liked the idea for the kitchen but not the bathrooms.

Also the tiles - these would be the same in both bathrooms

And the countertop - that would be the same on the kitchen island and the bathroom .

So there was lots to consider and it was helpful to see this when we got to the model home

After a couple of hours getting to the preferred colour combo

All the Greys it is then

We drove over to the other house

I took lots of pics of where power sockets were - as you do

The dining areas as you walk in with the standard lights

The laundry room

The master Shower

and Vanity

All hail the double sink

The Kitchen (same counter tops)

Standard vanity lights

Oh my, the walk in wardrobe

all the lights

And my least favourite thing the second bathroom

But there is more on those choices before we come home, of course

We had a drive round the area again, checking out more homes that were being built, looking at how they were being constructed , who was having fences, what landscaping was going on etc - It was really helpful

It was feeling a long time since breakfast so around 5pm we headed over to Texas Roadhouse.

This has recently opened in Palm Coast and was super busy. Apparently it has queues out the door most nights if you arrive after 6. But we were there nice and early and were seated straightaway.

We were with friends so pics limited to respect their privacy .

I went for a Texas Peach Fuzz.

It was ok. But not as good as their margaritas. It was a bit too sweet for me.

I had the filet with loaded potato and Caesar salad

Andy went for prime rib with corn and fries

It was all very nice. Well cooked and perfect temperatures.

The bill was $100 for the 4 of us. We all had steaks so we felt it was a good price

It was yummy.

Bellies full and now the first day lag was catching up with us big time. We headed back to the apartment and after a short spell sat outside we called it a night

Tomorrow we are looking at furnishings and fittings - its a trip to Ikea in Jacksonville . I reckon that is a Dibb Florida trip report first
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List