View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
We went last summer July/August time and had a really great holiday.
They open up both sides of the hotels to families over the summer so you can visit the heaven side as well if you want but there was plenty going on at the hacienda side.
Food was good, we particularly enjoyed the Zen restaurant which was Asian inspired. You had to book for the a la carte places and could do this a few days before in reception but can just turn up to the buffets- this may be different in the post-Covid era of course. We had no problems getting the restaurants we wanted but you do need to be a little bit flexible.
My kids never bother joining in with kids club etc but the provision seemed great. Woodward looked excellent but is an extra cost.
The water park is good but there is not a lot of shade.
Rooms were really clean, mini bar well stocked- we had a 2 bedroom family room so had loads and loads of space but I couldn’t comment on the normal rooms.
We used our resort credit towards a beach cabana on a couple of occasions which was lovely, some guaranteed shade and everything brought to you. A word on the beach though- it’s not really a beach so if you want huge expanses of sand it’s not for you. It’s built around some lagoons, which you can wade out so far as a rope lies and it is deep enough for swimming and some water sports- the ocean beyond the lagoon wall is pretty feisty. There was a problem with sargassum last year and for a couple of years before at least- not just at hard rock but the whole of the coast pretty much, the staff worked endlessly to clear it though and some days it didn’t appear at all. It didn’t cause us an issue but thought I’d mention it. The beach area at the lagoons did have lovely soft sand though and was well looked after.
The staff were great, really friendly and looked after you well but were not in your face.
We didn’t go to much of the evening entertainment but the ones we did go to were fab.
Any questions feel free to ask!
I just booked this lunchtime with BA Can I ask how you got to the hotel? I have yet to book a transfer. I'm waiting till nearer the time to do it though. Also, what excursions did you do? And did you use room service, was there a long wait on average? Thanks
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List