View Single Post
Old 19 May 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
GDog30
Staying in the Castle

Originally Posted by Anfield Red View Post
I had an issue recently with amending a booking with Alamo Brits which i have done with no issues many times but like the OP i got to the end and got a message saying booking could not be amended but i found out it had taken the new amount from my credit card and my original booking number was no longer valid when i tried to see what had happened so after many phone calls to Alamo in the UK and USA i was getting no where and being fobbed off so emailed them and again took 4 emails before i got my money back on my CC (i had informed my CC company and they were also chasing it from their end) so just watch out that they don't take a new payment from your CC.
That sounds like a nightmare! The charge for the "new" booking that didn't go through is showing as a pending payment on my credit card statement right now.

I phoned Alamo's UK customer service and explained the situation, and they said that the best thing to do just now was wait until their system had finished its processing (said it can take up to 5 days) and see if the charge actually goes through and then take it from there. The agent I spoke to assured me that if the charge did actually hit my credit card that they'd arrange a full refund if I called back.

Just checked the manage my booking page and my ref. number still works for looking up my original booking, so fingers crossed it stays that way!
GDog30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List