View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
BONZO
Imagineer

Attractions all done so we are all set apart from Car Hire which we'll do this weekend.

So - the last lap and here is the attraction list

Stockholm

We won’t have too much time here but we have visited before and loved it. We’ll probably take the local train into town and have a bite to eat and a coffee and wander around.

Doha

Again, not a huge amount of time to spend here so probably a stroll along the waterfront Corniche and a visit to the Souq Waqif and the Doha Fort for a history fix.

Adelaide

I’m guessing that we are going to be quite exhausted by the time we arrive so it’ll just be taking things easy. The main thing here is going to visit Mitcham and as I was born and bred in Mitcham, Surrey so it’ll be nice for me to compare and contrast where I was born. 

If we were staying longer then I’d take a trip out and possibly stay on Kangaroo Island but I think it’d be a bit much to try and fit in.

Sydney

This will be fairly full on with typical tourist activities, Opera House, Bondi and other beaches etc. Luckily, we’ve even managed to book up a Sydney Bridge climb so really looking forward to that. We didn’t think it would be available as it closed to new bookings, but a couple of weeks ago it opened up again!

Blue Mountains

Taking the train out of Sydney to arrive here for a couple of days and take in the sights.

3 Sisters, Echo Point, Jenolan caves, Wentworth falls and Scenic World, the steepest railway in the world amongst other attractions to see and do.

Cairns

Short stop before heading north but will take in the city and the Esplanade, boardwalk and lagoon.

Day trip on the Karunda Scenic Railway and the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.

Port Douglas

Main big ticket event will be a day snorkelling on The Great Barrier Reef but mainly relaxing and taking advantage of the free activities offered.

Adelaide

Back to Adelaide again at the end of the trip - if we haven’t cuddled a koala by this stage this is on the list before we leave!

Doha

Back to Doha again for a day so another chance to relax or visit those areas we didn’t do earlier in the trip.

Stockholm

We’re only here for a few hours so probably won’t have any time at all!

So - that's the last update, just wishing away the days now before we head off.

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL