View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

It’s been a bit sad so I have kept away from the boards recently but I’ve come to terms with not going this year now. How I will feel on departure day is another matter!

Anyway, I thought I’d update on all refunds.

BA - brilliant. Had a bad press but I can only speak for myself and they refunded without hassle.

AirBnB - brilliant. Full refund even deposit. Had to wait until 30 days out though. But fair play.

Homeaway - awkward as you deal directly with the homeowners. One in Disney (funtierland) have said it’s no problem to defer to next year so we have taken that option.

But our beachside house in Malibu has been a tester! Wouldn’t let us defer so Kept $250 deposit for a start, then said couldn’t refund to card, wanted a wire transfer, sorted that but then got a dollar cheque refund through the post which we can’t cash! On going...

Attraction Tix - Disney tickets have a expiry of Jan 22 and we plan to go October 21 so that will be OK

ATD - universal tickets. Not too happy with them really. Wanted to keep deposit even though I have not downloaded tickets. Have offered a credit note which I will have to accept as it’s the only way of getting a refund. I’d prefer it if universal extended the expiry. So Universal is really my complaint here as ATD have only enforced their terms.

Anyway, looking to re book later this year for next October.

Sad, and I have to admit I never saw this coming. I was so confident that we would be going. But it just proves what my wife always says...I don’t know what I’m talking about!
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List