View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 16, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

[...Contd]

Next up we headed over to Asia as Ian and I had a FP for Expedition Everest. Now it was at this point that I’d made a bit of a mess up with the Fastpass bookings. Our FP was for 11.20, and I’d made one for my Mum and Dad and Thomas to go to Finding Nemo at 11.30, on the basis that it was close by. However the 11.30 FP for Finidng Nemo is for the 12 o’clock showing. And we had an ADR at Tusker House at 12! A FP isn’t strictly necessary for finding Nemo, so we simply decided to skip out on that one. We did have a look at changing it to something else, but there weren’t really ant suitable options. When we’d booked our Fastpasses at 60 days, it was still a requirement to book 3 for each day. Had the rules already changed so that it was only necessary to book one or two, I don't think I’d even have a booked a Fastpass for them at this time in the first place (bearing in mind Ian and I also wanted to see Finding Nemo anyway!). There isn’t a lot to Fastpass at AK, and because the shows don’t really need Fastpasses, and we had another day planned with thinks like the Mickey Meet n Greet planned in too, it was actually a bit of a struggle to pick things.

My parents, Simon and Thomas got a spot opposite the drop to wait and watch for us coming down. I could see them as we went up the climb and did wave, but unsurprisingly they couldn’t see us! Never having done the ride before, I’m not entirely sure how it is supposed to work, but I know I’ve read lots about the yeti not really working. all I know is that there is a yeti above you that lunged down at us. Ian completely didn’t see it, but I swear it was there, so who knows?! I also don’t get the hairband thing? What is with that? Answers on a postcard please….

By now it was almost time for our Tusker House ADR, so we wandered in that direction via the musical instruments where Thomas had a good ten minutes of fun.

We managed to drag him away and get to Tusker House. As before, we hadn’t added Simon on tot his as he’d been expecting to do something different. As he now had no particular plans, we decided to ask if he could join us. If the answer was no, he’s have gone and got himself a Quick Service and rejoined us later. However it turned out to be no problem. Again, for anyone up in arms, my guess is that tis was because it a) wasn’t super busy and b) we were a group of 5 who would have been allocated a table for 6 anyway, so we actually took up no more room (and made Disney extra money, of course!) The waiting area for Tusker House was one of the best. None of the overcrowding and manic-ness (totally a word!) that we encounter in so many places. It was large, had shade and iced water provided.We waited about ten minutes before we were shown to our table.

We really enjoyed the food (and Tusker beer, naturally) here. There was a really good variety and the buffet was well laid out to avoid the overcrowding that often happens. We had some great character interactions, especially with Daisy, who Thomas was very taken with. They played peek-a-boo and pulled silly faces and she couldn’t stop giggling at him. It was the first time we’d met Donald and Daisy so far, and they both got huge hugs! Thomas also joined in with the parade around the restaurant twice, clapping and dancing all the way. Here comes another photo overload:

After lunch we headed for the Wildlife Express over to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. Being a train, Thomas was very excited about this one, although he was a little puzzled by the fact that we were travelling sideways and could only see out one side.

When we arrived we joined a fairly short queue to meet Chip 'n' Dale. unfortunately they headed off to get a nut snack immediately before our go, but it was s per speedy turn around. It was another fantastic interaction too, and I got plenty of hugs as well.

[...Contd]
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List