View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Annoyingly I wrote a long response and the laptop froze it :-(

I've been a bit rubbish at updating this pre trip report but this week has been busy, exciting and nerve wracking!

We went to look around a cattery which seems really nice - lady is a little crazy but the cats seem very happy with her and she spoils them! so we have our cat booked in - she will be so grumpy!

Our Universal tickets arrived a couple of weeks ago - I had a panic about the tickets when they arrived as I thought I had the wrong ones but they are correct! they are now away with the passports, I think over the next week or so I will go through all the documents and make sure I have them printed and prepared (ESTA is already completed and printed)

On Sunday I checked in for our Disney Cruise! I got a PAT of 10:45 which I thought was good as I want to be on there asap! There was no availability for the Mixology course but I knew that already from our Cruise page - they did look to create their own but it would be $40 each which is almost double the price so we said no!
I managed to book meet and greets with the Princesses and Frozen for the morning we are at Nassau. Hopefully we will be able to meet then go for a walk in Nassau and find a beach - there have been so many reports of people not being happy in Nassau due to crime and locals trying to sell to tourists I am not sure how long we will stay. We will be looking to purchase a 'you are here' mug from Starbucks and possible some sort of Nassau themed item but very low cost!

I also booked the snorkel kit and bicycle hire for Castaway Cay, we may see if we can purchase the snorkel kit here to take but we'll see how we do! Our plan for Castaway Cay will be for us to go for a bike ride in the morning then spend the rest of the day at the beach or snorkelling, I would love to spend a couple of hours at Serenity Bay but neither of my children want to go to the kids club whilst we are on the Island! I am really looking forward to going to Castaway Cay I just hope it lives up to the magic!
During the week Tiffany's opened a shop on the Dream which will be amazing to look at, there is a gorgeous Disney Cruise necklace but it's $325 so I won't be buying that!

On Wednesday it was FAST PASS day, I booked the day off on leave so I could book the passes without any interruptions - Ikea was miles quieter than it would have been in my office/desk!
So I made sure I was sat in the café for 11:50 and waited for 12:00!

Coffee and Cake worked a treat! I managed to get pretty much everything that we wanted without any problems, the only problem I had was for Slinky Dog which I couldn't get - We only have Hollywood Studios booked for day 2 and 3 as we are avoiding it due to Galaxy's Edge. We will aim to go straight there on our first 2 days before our Toy Story Fast Passes straight after rope drop. I did also book a fast pass for Slinky for the day we go to our cruise it's at 06:55 so although it's the second day after Galaxy's Edge opens I am hoping that we can run to the fast pass then drive to the cruise

I'm slowly buying everything we need! all the toiletries, clothes etc, I bought myself some Sketchers flip flops which I have been wearing round the house, I think I will also be buying some sketchers go walks and smaller sandals. I've not managed to loose any weight which is annoying - I just cannot get myself into the mood to do it - stress at work is really not helping, I am really disappointed in myself

I've been going back and forth about MNSSHP as we loved it last time but it is £263 for one night and we have so much going on during the holiday I am not sure we can manage it at the moment!

Today I've been working through our Touring plans for each day, we currently have -
Magic Kingdom - 3 days
Animal Kingdom - 2.5 days
Epcot - 2.5 days
Hollywood Studios - 2 days
Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach - 1 day each.

Hopefully we will be looking to have mornings at the park, back to the resort for pool in the afternoon then back to the park for the evenings. I am a little worried that we will miss lots and we won't manage to spend enough time in the pool or water parks.

It just feels so manic at the moment, also trying to prepare for school for next year as I know we are away in the run up.

8 weeks today until we go to the airport! just need to pay the Universal hotel and the train tickets so very nearly there!
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List