View Single Post
Old 26 May 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
I'm currently in Sheffield collecting all DDs stuff after a foundation year that didn't go so well (that's a whole other thread) I set a limit of 5 units to visit she picked 3. We did a nights stay in a premier inn at 2 and a round trip with the third. All are a similar format really finance accomodation tours subject talks campus tours. We had a good look round Derby & Lincoln centres to get the feel of the place. She ruled out Derby just on a feeling. She ended up at Sheffield thro clearing never having looked 😱 She loves the place social life accomodation friends hockey and uni just sadly did a subject she had no interest in. So it's back to the drawing board and back home with a car full.
Oh so sorry it hasn't worked out for your DD. I agree it's hard to know exactly what they want to do for a career at 17/18, so very difficult to choose the right course. My DD is struggling with this too, her head says Biology leading to conservation work which she has always been interested in but her heart is leading towards something more creative such as scriptwriting but she feels this doesn't lead to reliable work.

Hopefully, now your daughter has tried one course, it may help her understand what type of course will suit her and she can reapply elsewhere. Good luck to her whatever she decides 😊

I'm not looking forward to loading the car up to transport all DD's things to halls either. Poor you, having to move it back within the year! 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List