Old 5 Jun 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
Absolutely correct. You pay the quoted price for a specific set of "goods" in return. The dining plan is WITHIN the price. In this case it is the accommodation AND the dining plan. I'm absolutely sure that the majority of people would not have paid what they did for the accommodation alone. Instead most, if only interested in the accommodation, would have taken up an alternative offer perhaps free nights. Although it seems, by the argument that some follow here, that it have been entirely fair to offer you free nights and then tell you you'll have to pay for them. They were free so you can't have any complaint if you aren't given them!
Completely agree, we are a family of 5 and had a villa booked until Disney released 'free' DDP, we then cancelled villa because we worked out that the dining package was worth so much to us as a family 5 plus the other onsite perks i.e. EMH etc.

Without the dining package we would never have booked and forgone the space of the villa to all stay in room for 10 nights.

I could have coped with no fireworks, parades etc but no DDP is deal breaker to us, just so frustrating that Disney have made this announcement a week ago, have taken all my dining reservations off the app (although QSDP is still showing but not for long I imagine) but no email to it's customers even though balance payment is looming to explain what our options are, becoming very frustrating

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List