View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Free dining clearly is a "perk". Perks are booking incentives. Just as all the onsite benefits are "perks" and exist to entice people to pay more money to stay onsite.

It is a more significant perk, with an obvious monetary value, than the others but it is still a perk and booking incentive.

I wouldn't say removing it is unreasonable. They are plenty of people who book a stay at a Disney hotel and pay rack rate without the free dining. Clearly, people who did have free dining are very unhappy with its removal, which is understandable (I am one of them). Mind you, people get unhappy about a lot of things. That doesn't mean they are entitled to anything to replace that free booking incentive.

I would like a discount to make up for the lack of free dining. I do not feel entitled to receive a discount for the lack of free dining.
This is bonkers

So if you sign up for a phone contract with 'free' phone you'd be fine if they then turned around and told you actually you aren't getting the phone after all. I mean there are plenty of people that pay more for the same phone so why not? I mean you would like the phone but your not entitled to it right?
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List