View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Cont...

Now, for someone that doesn’t really like ice cream (except for my homemade) this was amazing! For some reason, I always try it and want to like it like everyone else, but I rarely do. (I’ve made the family promise to stop letting my buy Ghirardellis sundaes in Disney Springs… I pay $12, take a cute picture, eat the strawberry, have a few spoons, feel sick and bin it every time).
This however was amazing!
I had blackberry crumble. It was creamy, tarte and textured.
I keep meaning to try and recreate it.
Everyone else loved theirs too. We also bought the cutest chunky mugs and Ade bought a cap.

Dad was due around 5pm, so we didn’t chat with Steph for too long. As ‘Food King’ was over the road I wanted to go back and do a proper shop before Dad arrived.

The view from Food Kings carpark was much better this time. We could see to the top of the mountain now.

And the card that was swiped earlier to give us the 20% off was given back to use to use each time we came. So we got another 20% off.

We got back unpacked and I started pacing knowing that Dad was due anytime. I had proper butterflies.
It was July 7th and we’d last seen him in October.
I pulled around a chair and sat on the front deck waiting until his car pulled down the drive.
I was surprised as I had told him to pull in to the little Mountain Memories shop and wait for me. But he decided to find us himself and got in to bother.
He’d pulled in to the wrong driveway….he went next door and theirs was worst. He scraped the bottom of his car coming down our steep drive and his car ended up being left until they left in a few days.
I’ve never known my Dad not want to drive. He’s one of the most confident drivers I’ve ever known. But his car was too low for this drive.
We got to meet Ollie for the first time.

When we booked the cabin last year, they were dogless. Ben their old dog had passed and then a dog rescue centre came to the Ford dealership where Dad works to try and find homes for some dogs. Dad has such a soft spot for animals, went to see them and Ollie just came over and sat on him…. They’ve been together ever since. He’s just fitted right in to their family. He’s about 2-3 years old and they were his 5th home. (and last!)

As well as a rather big Bath and Bodyworks box that Dad had bought me, we’d also had these sent to him.
It felt so odd saying that we were going to Disney next week. I just didn’t feel real.

Dad and his wife Janet had wanted to do dinner. Dad’s specialty is steak.
They bought a massive cooler for the trunk of the car and unloaded it all.

Massive steaks, salads, beer, potatoes…

No one does steak like Dad.
The rain came down so heavy just as the steaks were about done and we had a big storm.
Ade and Louis said at the end of the trip that, that remained their best meal.

And he bought us a tray of Donut Bank Donuts. Their local little independent bakery that we fell in love with when we visited. The best donuts ever!

Everyone fell in love with Ollie. He’s the sweetest pup and loved all the attention.

It was such a lovely day.
I love my Dad so much and went to bed feeling so happy that we’d made this decision to do this and invite Dad. Knowing that he was getting all this quality with the kids too. And I slept so well knowing that if some slasher scary person broke in to the cabin downstairs that they would hopefully shout loud enough giving us time to escape.
I slept well knowing all these things!

Tomorrow….Sweet Home Alabama.

Thanks for reading.

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!

Edited at 10:28 PM.
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List