View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meboo View Post
Whenever I’ve been they hand a 70% discount voucher out as you enter the store - same in Coach. It’s nonsense really as a lot of their products are made especially for the outlet. They are still lovely bags though and I paid about £100 for a large purse (with a chain handle so it could be used as an evening bag) and a medium sized handbag.
Yup I think it's an important note that Kate Spade (and Coach) have a number of items that are specifically made for outlets, in addition to past season merchandise from the regular retail stores.

Sometimes you can tell by the logo on the bag (I think Kate Spade for outlet usually has a rectangular metal plaque with Kate Spade on it whereas the retail Kate Spade has the shape of the spade - I might be wrong though!).

The reason why this is important is because sometimes (not all the time) the quality varies between items made for outlets and items made for regular retail store. I have a really lovely Coach bag that I picked up in the outlet store, and one of my friends has a Coach bag from a regular retail store in an identical style/size - but if you compare the two bags it's very apparent that the leather on mine (outlet) is nowhere near as nice as the leather on hers (regular retail).

At some times of the year you might also get a bargain on bags from the regular retail stores or from places like Macy's. I picked up a really nice discounted Kate Spade nylon backpack from the store in Disney Springs last year (discounted because end of season) - I think it was maybe around $170-ish (regular retail price probably around $250-ish).