View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I’ve added quite a few of your eateries to my off-site dining wish list.

Your scallops dish at Narcoossee’s looks and sounds delicious; I’ve never tried gnocchi but I love heavy sauces, mushrooms and scallops so I’d be all for giving it a try. In my experience Disney never get halibut right, very disappointing. Watching the MVMCP made for a lovely ending to your evening though.
As much as I loved WL and RPR, I did miss our offsite dining faves. I can’t believe I never made it to Denny’s for breakfast and I only went to Chili’s once.

I love gnocchi but then I think I’ve made my position on potato clear through this report!

You had much better luck at Tiffins than we did, I absolutely should have ordered the steak and lobster dish, and the mushroom soup sounds fantastic.

My mouth is watering at your Yachtsman review, we had a wonderful meal there last year and I would consider paying OOP for it.

I was disappointed by your breakfast at Yak & Yeti as it sounded very nice but neither dish looks enjoyable.
I’m pleased we went to Tiffins in the end as I really liked it, but I think Yachtsman was ultimately the best Disney table service meal in terms of my enjoyment.

Getting a Minnie van to the GF for your V&A meal was a great idea, a lovely relaxing way to start the evening. The repeating of the pricing at V&A would have made me feel so awkward, I’d get paranoid they were insinuating I looked like a pauper and couldn’t afford to eat there. Very disappointing for them to run out of the turbot, you are right, that should not be happening at a high-end restaurant, and it is embarrassing for the waiter to have to deliver that news. I really enjoyed your review, it’s somewhere I’d love to try in the future, it’s disappointing to hear it didn’t live up to the price tag though!
I wish now I’d got a picture in front of the Minnie van but it just didn’t occur to me.

The weirdest thing about the turbot was that it appears to have been on the menu for a while, so it’s not that it was even a one night only special!

Re the pricing, I can only think past guests have perhaps expected signature-level pricing and been surprised.

What a fiasco at California Grill, how embarrassing for you, the entire night would have been soured for me. I am glad to hearing your credits were refunded, but saddened to hear Disney didn’t have the courtesy to call when they said they would.
I think we all have the expectation that Disney is always going to be magical, so when it falls short it’s so disappointing.

I loved seeing all the pictures of your festive goodies.

Oh, you must do Food and Wine, it is wonderful!

Thank you for sharing, this was a wonderful report!
I really want to do Food and Wine now, but I think it’ll be a couple more years yet. Thank you for reading!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List