col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Mobile

Originally Posted by ozzyowl1 View Post
My son flew back from LA on his own at 17. He like your son had originally only wanted to go on holiday for 2 weeks, while we were going for four. His dad could only get 2 weeks off work so he was due to fly home with him. A couple of months before we left he changed his mind and wanted to stay the whole four weeks!
I called BA who wanted a ridiculous amount to change his flight, and ended up booking him on a separate flight the day before, I think with Thomas Cook. I had to phone to book as he was under 18 at the time but it was a direct flight so I wasn't worried about assistance, he managed fine but I don't think I would have trusted him on an indirect on his own, there is just too much that could go wrong. What if he missed his connection or the flight was cancelled?
If I were you I would try to get him to change his mind, (not easy I know!), or consider putting him on a direct flight from a different airport.
Good Luck.
That’s exactly it, so much can go wrong on a indirect flight can’t it, he just won’t cope with it, I am hoping when I talk about this with him he will decide to come for 3 but I know really the chances of this happening are extremely low.

Funny you should say about other airports I’m at the point of searching Mco for him thinking if timings are close we can pick him up on the way... prices are extortionate though!

Thanks for your reply though it is helpful

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List