View Single Post
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm an ex Asda colleague who worked for them for almost 13 years and in that time experienced things going from bad to worse with constant cutting of hours and piling more and more work on far less of us and expecting better results.
One example I can give is on the department I was on there used to be 9 of us on a Friday evening which eventually dwindled down to 2 and when one of us was off the other was left on their own but the same amount of work was expected.

The new contract being forced on us was the main reason I left along with 4 others on my department.
I didn't stand to lose as much as some colleagues will but wasn't prepared to sign my life over to Asda for an extra 79p an hour.
Since I left in July I've seen on FB quite a few people leaving many of them having worked there in excess of 10 years.

Last week colleagues refusing to sign the new contract were being given leaflets on how to apply for new jobs and being told you're going to need these.
So glad I don't work for them anymore.