View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
You cannot predict queues , it’s the same with immigration it’s all part and parcel of travelling to America , you might hit lucky and sail through, on the other hand you might not ,we have encountered all sorts of situations . I don’t think we have waited so long to pick up a car as we did in Miami with Budget but there was a line of people waiting to be seen and you just have to deal with it , seeing as we had come from a hotel stay and not off a flight I wasn’t expecting a queue , I have no idea why I was thinking that way as flights are landing constantly 🙄 unless there is some sort of priority queue that you pay for you just have to suck it up . My worry about a car rental company would be how they deal with any problems once you have the car not the queue to get the car .
We were stuck a few times in long traffic queues during our stay , cannot remember it being as busy as that ten years ago , we waited nearly an hour for breakfast in IHOP one morning , we actually asked for the bill when the waitress brought our food so we could exit the establishment quicker 😂 queuing / waiting just seems part and parcel of holidaying in Florida , we don’t do the parks now so I have no idea what queuing is like in the Disney stores but we did venture into Goofy’s Candy Store in DS and you guessed it ... it was a long wait to be served , I think people were in there using up all their dining credits 😊
Expectations have a lot to do with it too. If you’re expecting a ride line to be 90 minutes and you’re on after 60, you’re happy. Expect your wait for a car to be 30 and it takes an hour, you’re raging. Same wait! I used to stress about these sort of things, immigration, delays etc, but ultimately, we always get there and a bit of hassle along the way is to be expected. Keep your expectations low and it’ll keep your stress levels low too
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List