View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 17, 03:12 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
All over now for another year and I might be getting old but had my first taste of this on the last night. The queues for the houses were around the 90-120 min mark and the park was packed. Not sure if this was because of the last Bill and Ted show. I was glad we had booked the VIP tour. Our tour was at 7.30 and went on till about 12.15. The park was open until 1.00 but we decided against doing any rides even though we had fast passes. They laid on some nice food for the reception prior to the VIP. We did 4 houses before going to the bar area posters have mentioned but were only there for 20 mins before heading to Bill & Ted. And I enjoyed the show. A little wait for this but then on to the other 5 houses and finish of the scare zones which we had also done on park entry. We did stop off for Men in Black during the tour. Our tour guide had previously been one of the dancers in the scare zone and was very enthusiatic on the houses history etc. Just walking to each of the houses and the queue being held whilst we entered gave a slightly guilty feeling but seeing some 'fast pass' people complaning why we were getting in took away some of the guilt as I know what it is like in the normal queue to see fast pass go past you We did use some back lot routes to get to the houses which was mentioned but we also went through the normal park routes many times and all of the scare zones so I really enjoyed the mix.

Due to being one of those people who if took the warning advice on the rides would not be able to ride anything I was a little worried I might get a few heart stopping moments but I thought it was a little lame on the scare side. Knowing it is no touch gives a calming influence as you get older. As it was like a prosession you could often see what was going to happen next and I had no scare incidents although a few in our group seem to get scared easily whih helped with the atmosphere. Plenty of ushers to make sure you kept moving which due to the queue sizes made sence but reduced the suspence. DD loved it though and said many times better than any UK one (Thorpe Park etc).

Really happy we went for the VIP passes because at 4.45hrs of tour with only a 20 min break (which we would have done anyway) meant that we would not have got through all the houses if we had just gone with fast passes. Even if I had a few nights to do it rather than 1 I think I'd do the VIP tour again. This front of line rather than express pass was a massive bonus that allowed us to do every house with no queue fatigue.

Being the last night they were also selling the T-shirts off cheaply at the exit.

Edited at 03:13 AM.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List