View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I needed somewhere reasonable to stay at short notice Whitsun weekend for a funeral and ended up booking into DCU (Dublin City University) Glasnevin. Really nice student accomadation , ensuite with a lounge and kitchen shared between five rooms so perfect for a quick cuppa or even a pizza. Included a fab breakfast ( or could use the ample 10 euro voucher at the on campus Starbucks) , massive convenience store that also sold hot food open til 10pm . All for 72 euros.
It's halfway between the airport and the city centre with frequent buses from right outside.
I couldn't even find a B&B at that price for that weekend and this offered everything a B&B does (but better quality towels) plus bars and food onsite all day and evening. The only thing it didn't have was a TV in the room but the wifi was excellent so Sky Go, BBC iplayer , Netflix's etc wasn't a problem if needed.
There's nice landscaping so my morning cuppa was usually taken in the landscaped courtyard by my room.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List