View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
... I will avoid having a rant about how badly they treated the proper WDW night time parade that was SpectroMagic. Beautiful to watch , to listen to and was badly looked after when MSEP came back. As a result it ended up having the parade floats destroyed.

It was the perfect way to start the evening part of a MK day and would fit perfectly before the new fireworks.
Still Missed
Don't avoid that rant! On our first ever visit to MK we went in an evening, and ended up watching Spectro. My son was 2 at the time and asleep, but woke up and watched the whole thing transfixed. Since then it's held a really special place in my heart.

It was a mesmerising thing to watch, and the music was just so "Disney". I don't mind admitting it bought a tear to my eye. I was very sad when it was replaced with MSEP which I really did not like as much.

And now there's nothing, which makes me sad. We're taking my daughters other half for his first visit next year and he'll not get to see it. The daytime parades are not the same in my opinion. It's too hot and humid, and nothing is lit up.

For me, nothing finished up a trip to Disney like the night time parade. Last time (2015) we got the fast pass seating in the centre of town square and it was brilliant.