View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Note that the Tioga pass is only open certain times of year due to the weather. This year it was closed until quite late due to heavy snow over the winter, think it only opened a few weeks ago. This will affect the common driving route from Yosemite to Vegas, so you'd have to plan on going the long way around instead which would add more time.

Personally I would do open jaw flights and travel SF > Yosemite > Anaheim (LA) > Vegas to avoid having to drive a whole loop. And I'd shift a night or two from Yosemite to drive down the Pacific Coast Highway to LA (assuming it's open, it's also been closed this year due to storm damage) as that stretch is stunning. So my plan would be.

Fly in SFO
3 nights SF
2 nights Yosemite
1 night Monterey/Carmel area
1 night Pismo Beach/Morro Bay area (you could drive straight through to LA but it's a LONG drive)
3 nights Anaheim
3 nights Vegas
Fly out LAS

I have a night spare there so you could add it on to wherever you think you'd need more time. For me it would be Vegas as you could do a day trip somewhere like one of the closer canyons (or even Grand Canyon on an overnight trip) or Hoover Dam / Route 66.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List