View Single Post
Old 13 May 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Question Car Hire for Americans visiting UK ?

I always think I know what i'm doing and then doubt myself, so I ask the dibbers for some advice... this one I wonder if any of you can help with.

My 'Long lost brother' from the USA is visiting next week, he want to hire a car so he can visit places and other family members. I have had a quote and arranged a hire car for him.

The excess on the insurance is £1000.00

He has been advised in the USA to take out Super CDW 𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 coverage: (Zero dollar deductible coverage) to avoid any nasty bills when he returns home, for things like scratches minor dents etc... He has never driven in the UKk before so I think this is advisable.

However the hire car company are offering me;The car comes with the following excess as standard:

BODY OF CAR WINDSCREEN/TYRES AA COVER

£1000 £1000 NOT INCLUDED

There are a few options to reduce this excess which can be added on the day:

BODY OF CAR WINDSCREEN/TYRES AA COVER
£19.50/DAY £100 £0 INCLUDED

£13.50/DAY £100 £100 NOT INCLUDED

£6/DAY £1000 £0 INCLUDED

My question is ... when I go to Spain and hire a car I take the basic package and take out my own independent insurance for the hire car for the period of my hire and that may cost me around £30 in total... can my Brother do the same from the USA to save these costs?

Anyone have any advice they can offer?
Daisy_Do_72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List