View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

Hi

We haven’t stayed yet but have our first visit planned in just under 2 months.

We are doing 6 nights AKL and then 8 nights HHI. We are planning on driving to HHI from Orlando, should take 5-6 hours so we have breakfast booked at ‘Ohana in the morning then will leave after that, will stop halfway for lunch somewhere, maybe around St Augustine although that’s not quite halfway. We are 2 adults with 3 small children aged 5, 3 and 1.

We plan to spend a lot of time at the pool and on the beach, there’s also loads of activities at the resort every day - they produce a weekly schedule of everything that’s going on so hopefully we will be entertained! I’ve also booked a dolphin boat safari and this pirate adventure for the children, we also plan on going to the local petting zoo.

There is a quick service restaurant onsite and another at the beach house (you probably know this but the resort isn’t on the beach so they have a separate beach house about 1 mile away) but there are loads of lovely looking restaurants within walking distance or a short walk away.

The resort has quite some following and I’m really looking forward to trying it, I’m hoping we will love it and it will become a regular vacation spot for us in addition to the parks as my husband is always on at me to reduce our Disney trips sadly so this would be a nice compromise!

There’s a great Facebook group for the resort which I’ve found great for advice and information, restaurant recommendations etc

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List