Old 12 Oct 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
The Duchess does DLP - Final Thoughts

Final Thoughts

I have written this Trippie mainly for my own benefit so that I can look back on a time in my life when I was dealing with a situation I never expected to find myself in, and to hopefully realise just how far I’ve come.

The 6 months leading up to taking this trip saw me at one of the lowest points in my life,my marriage had come to an end and I was having to relearn how to live my life alone, something which I know lots of people go through, so I hope in some small way this will also help others who may be going through similar to realise that things do improve and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

For me, a huge part of moving on was to find a way to enjoy Disney without my ex husband, as Disney and DLP in particular had always been our special place. I can look back on this trip with good memories because whilst it was one of the hardest things to do, it truly was a healing experience and genuinely marked the start of my new life - I came home with a whole new energy and outlook on life, and whilst there are still occasional wobbles this was without doubt my turning point.

I can’t end this report without acknowledging Anna and Rachel. I met these 2 amazing ladies at the Dibbcast Grand Day Out and I believe they came into my life for a reason - they will never fully appreciate how big a role they have played in helping me turn my life around. They invited me to take my trip to coincide with theirs, and they made it possible for me to actually have some fun on what was an incredibly emotional visit - I have made friends for life in these 2 ladies and I cannot thank them enough for what they did for me on this trip. The feeling I had when I met up with them at the Disneyland Hotel and we all had a hug and a cry will stay with me forever - this was the defining moment of my trip and the moment I knew that the Disney magic was still there for me even though I was now single.
Anna and Rachel - thank you from the bottom of my heart

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List