View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Your photos are just stunning!

I know exactly what you mean about Moraine Lake - I couldn’t get over the colour of it, and the colours seemed so much more vivid from the top of that rock pile. We sat there for the best part of an hour enjoying the views, and loved how peaceful it was there. There were definitely less visitors there than any of the other major lakes we visited, which obviously helps enhance the enjoyment.

Whilst I also loved Lake Louise, I didn’t find the colour of the lake elicited quite the same response as Moraine Lake for me, but I think it’s the setting of Lake Louise that makes it stand out, as it truly is gorgeous.

Well done on getting to the Upper Falls at Johnston Canyon. We only made it to the Lower Falls.

You have made me laugh at catching the car horn when getting out of the car to photograph the elk. I can just imagine everyone’s faces.
Hi Jo

Kirsty and me loved both these lakes. Kirsty preferred Lake Louise and I think like you say the setting made it for her. I preferred Moraine Lake and I loved that it was more peaceful, the colour of the water and I could just totally chill out with the most stunning views.

I did feel bad when the car horn went off, Kirsty and Sam found it highly amusing! I just took a few photos on my phone and shuffled back to the car slightly embarrassed.

I was pleased with my photos, all just on my phone so really happy how they turned out. I’d be more than happy to pop over to take in those views again though for real, such an amazing place.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List