View Single Post
Old 16 May 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
How old are the children?

I’ve done two reveals- not to Disney world but other holidays and both were really well received but my children like surprises. Some people have done reveals and it’s fallen really flat and been a bit of an anti-climax!
I’d reveal a few weeks before so they have chance to get excited- maybe a month and you could then do a daily countdown? That way it’s not too long to wait.
I did a letter from Santa for our skiiing holiday at Christmas. That went down well. People do treasure hunts, scratch cards, jigsaw puzzles, just turning up at the airport.
Hope that helps a bit and happy planning!
They’re 7 and 11, so I’m not sure if we’d even get away with just turning up at the airport (they’d go to my parents for a sleepover the day before while we pack the car etc, but they could still easily find something out earlier than planned.) It does help that they know we are planning WDW, just not the date, so that explains away most things they might notice.

We’ve always done treasure hunts / countdowns / mystery picture clues etc a few weeks before, and their reactions have been priceless. I love watching our first DLP reveal video - the excitement was pure Disney magic.

I would really love to just turn up at the airport, but maybe we should save that last-minute reveal for our next DLP trip. We have done a last-minute reveal for a U.K. holiday that they thought was just a day out, until we arrived and they spotted the cases in the boot!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List