View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Days 4-8 Tennessee

Day 4 – Eureka Springs to Memphis

Ah this will be a long drive

Free brekky at hotel followed by a quick trip to Basin Springs Park (if we didn’t see it last night)

and then out to see the Christ of the Ozarks ( unkindly likened to a milk carton by some)

And then on the road for 3 hours , stopping for lunch at the Whole Hog Café in Conway

Bellies full I will then sleep, snore and dribble for the remaining 2 hours to Memphis

Lets hope Andy doesn’t do the same or it could be a quite exciting but shortened journey !

We are staying 2 nights at the Hampton Inn and Suites Memphis near Beale Street

£390 including breakfast but excluding parking

Depending on arrival time we might do one of the local tours ( Gibson or Sun Studios) or we may just head out onto Beale Street for the rest of the afternoon and evening

Day 5 Memphis

Up and out to Graceland

I am going to pre book tickets – going for the VIP one and aiming to get there for the 0930 slot for the mansion.

Am looking forward to this very much

Back to Memphis at lunchtime to try one of the Man V Food places – either Kooky Canucks or Vergos. But a shared lunch as we have a posh dinner tonight – that’s the plan anyway

Afternoon free to look around and do any local tours before dinner at Flight Wine Bar, booked for 7pm

Day 6 Nashville

On the road to Nashville after hotel brekky. 3 hour drive

Aim to get to HIE Opryland before lunchtime . What a faff the Nashville hotels have been , I think its killed my enthusiasm for the place. I thought Dallas was expensive , eesh here is eye watering.

This place though was a good deal as recommended by fellow Dibbers £400 for two nights including breakfast and parking. I cant believe I think £200 per night is a good deal. Orlando prices totally spoil you.

Anyhoo, no fixed plans for the afternoon except that by 4pm we want to be over at the Opry Mill Mall so we can easily head over to the Opry for the evening – we have 2nd row mezzanine tickets so I am hoping a good view. No idea what to expect from tonight but keep hearing good things

Not planned eats for today – could be a hangry nightmare in the making

Day 7 Nashville

Sunday, we fancy visiting the big Baptist Church downtown.

Then have the rest of the day to explore downtown so that may mean Country Music Hall of Fame, Shelby Bridge etc and definitely some time along Broadway.

No food plans for today yet either. Need to sort this asap !

Day 8 Nashville to New Orleans

Up and out early after free hotel brekky and on the road to Lynchburg to the Jack Daniels Distillery ( about 1 ½ hours) .

In no rush so will stay for lunch at somewhere like the Barrelhouse BBQ or BBQ Caboose Café. Arent they just the best names !

Back To Nashville for any last minute sight seeing / killing time before returning the hire car and catching our 7.15 flight to New Orleans. £225 for the two of us, including luggage.

Arrive NOLA just after 8.30 , not booked a transfer yet but expect to be at hotel by 9.30

The super swanky Bourbon Orleans - £400 for 4 nights in a King Room ( now that is a bargain). Yes its hurricane season so it had 60% off but frankly we always travel to Florida in hurricane season anyway.

We may well venture out onto Bourbon Street to begin our cocktail quest

Yes trying out the (many) cocktails invented here

New Orleans in the next instalment

pics courtesy of Google images

Edited at 10:41 AM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List