View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

My own take.

I picked May, after Golden Week public holidays, we that it would hopefully be warm, without the summer heat and humidity / rain - but it might be cool then- we will see.

A JR railpass should pay for itself if you did the trips via the bullet train, so have a look into that.

I cannot speak any Japanese (will try and learn a few things like HELLO / THANK YOU etc soon I promise!) but think with the signs on trains etc being in English, Google Translate and a lot of pointing and nodding - I hope to be fine.

Culture - there is a big thing in Japan - I do not know its proper name - that goes like this: It does not offend / upset me, but it might do others, so will not do it.

Things like - you do not see people walking around eating smelly food - they tend to stand outside the place they bought it at, so not to annoy people they might walk past.

They queue! Love them for this one as it is a big reason why never been to DLP yet <blush>

Deodorant - Japanese have different type of sweat and our Western bodies need more ... powerful deod - so bring from home!

Edited at 10:13 AM.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List