View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Hi. Can I suggest that you investigate the trip report section. There are many trippies with great detail and information that may help you. I did this trip last Easter and would never have contemplated it without the reading of the trippies and the advice given on various aspects by DIBBERS. It all went swimmingly well and was the best of our US vacations to date.. thanks to that help.

Where to start.

I cannot assist with Yosemite as it is pretty much ruled out in planning an Easter due to the likelyhood of snow (thankyou DIBBERS for warning me as you were right).

My trippie is 'California N to South at Easter' and i made it all a single thread with an index in the opening entry. This was done with the deliberate intention that a person could see a whole trip report in one hit as a starter to their own research, pick what they liked and did not and then expand it into their own plans. Some of my stops were standard 'must sees', some were relatively common and I hope that a few were unusual and 'outside the box'. I would also agree with Colette that Miked1e's report may well help you. I certainly enjoyed it. It is called 'A suitcase and a dream' and comes in 17 threads that are all pretty close to the top.

Having read mine, there are absolutely dozens of threads that list individual locations and then cover them both in greater detail and possibly from different viewpoints to our own. We are all different!

Hoping this helps on what is a brilliant vacation location.

P.S I do not rate Disney either, but my better half insisted as we had never been to this one. You may find that section of the trip report rather enlightening.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 03:50 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List