View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Have a look at https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1128258 trip report! I cannot remember when she did this but it was a lovely read.

We did the West Coast a couple of times. I would suggest doing a bit of a road trip as there are some lovely things to see on the route to San Francisco including the Walt Disney Museum (we only spent an afternoon there but could have easily gone back to revisit - lots of info on how the parks and studios were developed). The drive between LA and San Fran was easy but there are also train, plane and bus options. You can also do studio tours (we did Warner Brothers and enjoyed it) and there are vineyards to visit as well up there. Alcatraz is worth a visit if you are in San Fran, but we didn't find the city itself very interesting (or clean).

We have stayed at the Grand Californian and Paradise Pier, both of which were lovely and very close to the parks. I think that the longest we stayed there was 4 days and we felt we had plenty of time to experience everything (although this was before Galaxy's Edge).

The travel between LAX and Disneyland was a pain. We booked the bus and wished that we had taken a taxi given the length of time we waited and the difficulties in finding the bus stop. Found driving around the area pretty easy but we are used to London traffic.

If your husband is into history consider also staying on the Queen Mary in Long Beach. Supposedly haunted, the ship is very interesting and it is great to look around. There are also free tours available in the Grand Californian talking about the art and architecture. We also did the morning exercise walk around Californian Adventure (sign up in Grand Californian for a 6am start I think) which was great but you weren't allowed to take photos on it (and there isn't any history, you are just fast walking around the park before it is open). I think that there are a couple of more free tours around the Hyperion and Napa Rose which would be worth checking out.

Check the scheduled closures this year for bookings next year to see if the rides will be open when you visit. I have a feeling that you may get the start of the Halloween Preparations so things like Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion may be closed to allow for the decorations to go up.

We also did Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Disneyland Paris in the same year. I have to say that Disneyland was my favourite and I would love to go back.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List