View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 13, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Big Apple Boot Camp May 2013 - Day 5: High Line, American Girl, Roosevelt Island

Day 5 - Wednesday 29th May 2013

Usual start to the day today: up at 6 but today we didn't make it out until 8. We decided on breakfast at Pax again after enjoying it so much the day before. Seren had rice krispies, Freya had Frosties, Mat had a peanut butter bagel and I had a fruit cup which it says in my notes was sickly. I can't remember why I've written that but 'sickly' sounds a bit of a bizarre adjective for fruit

We didn't get on the Subway this morning and instead walked down to the start of the High Line, the elevated park on the old train tracks in Chelsea, at 30th Street, passing the General Post Office and taking some photos

There was a lot of building work going on around the entrance to the High Line

They are restoring the train yards in the area to transform them into the last part of the park and are currently waiting for funding to finish the project. Mat is a big fan of the High Line and has joined 'Friends of the High Line' so he tells me all about it

We loved the High Line last year but it was so cold we only lasted a few minutes up there. Today it was warm enough to enjoy it, although the sun so far was not making an appearance. I walked along pretty slowly snapping everything (hence why there are two thousand photos in this post) while the girls ran along and played some kind of role-play game. Mat was taking it all in while keeping an eye on the girls. It was great because we were away from the traffic and the girls were never out of our eye line so we were able to relax while they played

Continued below
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List