View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

I agree with you Dan to some degree - would you put of your holiday for a month and go to the 50th? Probably. If you could.

UK makes up just around 1m visitors to Orlando each year. The majority being, obviously during the summer holidays. EU - probably (I'm guessing because I haven't see actual stats) around 3m (6.4m international visitors go to Orlando each year). 75 million in total.

So around 8-10% are non-USA / domestic visitors.

If you've been watching the YouTube channels on Disney attendance in the last week or so, the parks are much lower on numbers than previous weeks. "Mr Morrow" was reporting on 15 minute waits for Splash Mountain and Space Mountain.

Disney is missing the EU / UK visitors. America's schools have finished their holidays and these are the weeks when traditionally we're still going.

So no one is going in September (realistically) from the UK / EU - which means I would expect the parks, particularly Magic Kingdom, to nose dive in attendance levels because of the 50th celebrations. The others will be impacted by the EU and UK.

Add that to domestic travellers in the USA steering clear of Florida...

Low numbers for September.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List