View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Scenario

I decide to book a fly drive fly for say 7-21st August 2022. I pay BA a £250 deposit.

2 months later, I see the price has dropped £600.

Can I book the same fly drive for the same dates and have 2 live bookings?

Given it appears BA take around a week to process the initial cancellation, and it’s nigh on impossible to make phone contact, it’s likely the £600 saving would be gone by the time BA process the original cancellation and issue your £250 deposit refund.

Its for this reason why having 2 exact bookings would work in the short term. Once BA process the initial refund I’m guessing I could then apply the £250 refund to the new booking?

Is this possible?
Currently you can cancel for a FTV using the online form. This can take anywhere between a few minutes and 24 hours to come through via email.
Officially you can’t apply a voucher to an old booking but some people have had success, especially as you could argue the new booking was made after you applied for the voucher.

I did this today but it was flight only, so I knew I was getting an evoucher within a few minutes. I cancelled the original booking and then used the evoucher to book it again and got a £75 voucher back after the new booking was made.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List