View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 16, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 4 Walks And Waterfalls

Another early morning. We were all awake before 7am (some of us a lot earlier! )

I made American pancakes - nutella, maple syrup and squirty cream were the toppings of choice

We were out of the cabin by 9am on route to Mont Tremblant National Park.

We stopped at the park entrance to book a canoeing trip for Thursday. We also paid the entrance fee for today - $17.

The tarmaced road soon gave way to a gravel/sand road. Lets say the car is not quite the same colour as it was

Our first destination was le chute de diable - the Devil's Waterfall. We parked up and had a snack - in my case a cinnamon pain au raisin - delicious.

It wasn't a long walk.

And the end result was lovely. It certainly made a lot of noise!

We drove another 15 minutes to the next walk - a smaller waterfall with an even shorter walk.

Not quite as impressive but a lovely walk nevertheless.

We then drove to Mont Tremblant the town. The drive through the park took about 3 hours including the stops.

There are several parts to Mont Tremblant which is one of the biggest ski resorts in Canada. We went into the town centre rather than the touristy part.

We were all hungry to went into a very nice pasta restaurant. The meals included a salad or soup.

Carrot and turnip soup.

I had garlic and oil pasta and DH has an olive pesto one.

The kids had tomato pasta. It was all delicious and a reasonable $56.

For dessert we had ice cream and churros.

We decided to head back. I didn't really feel the love for Mont Tremblant - too many people. And badly signposted which doesn't help my navigation reputation

The drive back was through forests and more forests - it was spectacular. It took about an hour. There were hardly any cars (why can't my commute be like this! ?)

After a rest we went to the lake. I even dipped my feet in.

A selfie by the fisherman who managed three fish today.

After a dinner of omelettes, I went back to the lake with F to release the fish.

Another lovely day - all this fresh air is doing us good!

Edited at 01:59 AM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List