View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 18, 02:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

New England Summer 2018: Day 6 - Ben & Jerry's Tour And Warren Swimming Hole

It has been an amazing day!

Again, we were awake early! 5.30am for J, 6.30am for the rest of us!

F made us pancakes for breakfast - and we used the maple syrup that the owner had left us. Delicious! Today was Ice Cream Day!

It was about a 30 minute drive to the Ben & Jerry's Tour. We easily parked up and headed in via the photo opportunities outside!

We were just on time for the 9.20am tour led by Alison.

We first watched a film on the history of the company and then headed up to the mezzanine overlooking their factory set up. No photos were allowed but as usual someone didn't think that instruction applied to them...

After the explanation about how the ice cream is made, we were taken downstairs to try some! The sample today was Gimme S'Mores. It was delicious! They had an extra pot and offered it up! F waited yo see of anyone jumped in but as they didn't she did!

It was one of the nicest of their ice creams I had tasted!

On the way to the graveyard, we passed their vats! Interesting that the sugar vat was the biggest one!

The graveyard was funny. Some odd flavours! You can see why they didn't work.

You can see how it really is in the mountains!

We headed back to the gift shop where magnets were acquired. And as we hadn't had enough ice cream we ordered more. The only rule was that it had to be a flavour we couldn't get at home.

My cinndoughrella was a big hit!

In total we were there about 1 h45. For the $4 each it cost it was worth it as we were so close to it. I wouldn't go just for it but if you are in Vermont, it is a good activity.

We then headed south along Route 100 to Warren which took about 40 minutes. Just after the town, there was a carpark for the swimming hole.

It was a 5 minute walk from the car. J and the kids got changed into their swimsuits.

O and J were in their element jumping from the rocks. F was less do - she didn't like the water up her nose.

But she gave it a good go!

She was happy to sit in the rocks adding to the swirly dam!

The boys just kept on jumping - no doubt it exhausted them as they both fell asleep on the way back!

We were here about 1h45. Both boys were getting cold! O asked if we can go back! Simple pleasures!

We headed back, had a quick sandwich then F got Meghan ready to go on a ride. I was the nominated adult to accompany her!

Meghan is another big horse - F is more used to ponies but coped perfectly.

We went on a track through the centre's land. In one area F and Meghan had a lot of fun cantering around. The scenery was spectacular!

We were out about an hour. F loved it. Once we got back she put everything away and cleaned up Meghan. Indeed, most of the evening she has been up and down to see the horses! She is so thrilled and the owners are so flexible!

O and I went out to get some salmon - we all fancied that for dinner. We saw these goldens in the car park!

Fish bought, I made a maple syrup marinade. Once it had marinated, I grilled it. We had it with rice and roasted veggies!

So we are all shattered! It has been such a lovely day!

Edited at 03:07 AM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List