View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 17, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We don't have enough credits! 16 nights Universal and Disney (DDP) September 2017 - Day 11

We'd had a few plans for today from it being an extra Universal day to a day off however in the end we decided to do the Star Wars Dessert Party today leaving the daytime free which come FP day became an additional AK day. We planned an early QS dinner mid-afternoon so we could eat plenty at the dessert party! Initially I booked all the FP for later in the day so we would do AK immediately before moving to DHS for the party however we wanted out! Unbelievably I was able to move Flight of Passage to lunch time so we went to AK earlier than initially planned.

Breakfast was coffee and the last two banana nut muffins in the room.

Having had food court food only for 2 days we fancied something really nice for lunch and decided against the initial QS plan. Since we had the Landry card anyway we decided to visit Yak & Yeti again and pay OOP for lunch.

Marie insisted we get the Wok Fried Green Beans again!

I got the passion fruit Shanghai Lemonade again and they had a new south seas flavour which Marie got but she got an Everest Refresher instead which is essentially flavoured sparkling water.

The specials menu was the same as the week before so we went for the main menu. I chose the chicken tikka masala. I was advised this was quite spicy and was that ok.

This was nice. It tasted oddly enough like chicken tikka masala. So much so I wished I'd gotten something else as I can get this at the local Brewers Fayre! It was spicy as the server said and also very hot. Again I burned my mouth!

Marie got the sweet and sour chicken. She subbed the rice for chicken fried rice.

She said this was nice but not a lot of chicken.

This cost us $80 OOP including the tip. This is why I love free dining! I just wished we'd had more TS credits!

We got to DHS around 5ish and used a QS credit on nachos to share again. Marie also got a Kaluha and Baileys Chocolate milkshake which she really enjoyed.

Not as much chili this time so a bit dry.

Joined by lots of ducks!

The dessert party wasn't busy so I tried to take as many pictures as I could.
Some savoury delights.

Sweets

Frozen Nutella with raspberry sauce. This was lovely.

Stormtrooper. He stopped and posed for me.

Overall I enjoyed the dessert party but got full really quickly and didn't feel I got my money's worth. Marie was drinking the cocktails so she did alright out of it! We also got a tie fighter popcorn bucket worth $19 that I'd never have bought. The park wasn't busy, presumably a post hurricane effect so I don't think we needed it. Would I do it again? Maybe. There was a nice atmosphere and the stormtroopers were wandering around interacting with the crowd. The staff were excellent. The desserts were nice enough but nothing special.

Todays credit use was not much. Just the 1 QS.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List