View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We don't have enough credits! 16 nights Universal and Disney (DDP) September 2017 - Day 15

The plan today had been EMH at AK to make the most of our last couple of days. Unfortunately we (I mean Marie) took to long to get ready and we didn't get to the park until just before 9. We'd had a quick coffee in the room and I had a couple of the mini crullers with a plan to have an Elephant Ear pastry after riding the safari. I'd seen them in dining reports but never actually had one.
We got in the queue at Kusafiri Bakery (all the same family).

Got to the end and were told no Elephant Ear Pastries . I was bit grumpy about this and neither of us fancied anything else on the menu so we went to look for something else. We were getting hungry and everywhere else in the area was either closed or sold nuts/popcorn/churros, that type of thing. By now I was getting hangry so suggested a bit flippantly that maybe we should see if we could get a table at Tusker House. Marie said why not so I checked the app and saw a couple of times available after 10am. I chose 10.40am so we'd have plenty of time to ride FoP first.
There was a bit of a wait for our table after checking in to the extent I was worried we'd end up with lunch instead! It was only about 10 mins but felt longer. Our server pointed out that we'd get lunch too if we wanted and the breakfast items would most likely be moved at 11am to make room for lunch.

Rubbish buffet photos again.

I think because we were hungry we kind of wolfed it down getting full quickly. When lunch came out we weren't really in the mood. It looked nice though.
This time we managed to get 3 characters before we decided to go so a bit better than last time. We paid OOP and it cost around $80 which included the tip. We did consider that we might have been better using credits and paying OOP for one meal at the Yachtsman that night but by the time we did it was too late.

Because we had a late breakfast we didn't have lunch so our next meal was The Yachtsman for dinner. We've been here a couple of times now and really like it.

(pomegranate lemonade!)

We were brought a basket of the warm onion rolls which are absolutely delicious! They bring you both butter and roasted garlic. I usually have a little of the garlic but find it a bit too strong to have a lot.

Again we were able to sub dessert for either a small salad or lobster bisque so went for the bisque again.

This had a slightly different flavour to the one from Narcoosee's which I think I preferred but was still lovely.

We both ordered the 6oz filet which came with mashed potatoes. No veg which we could have ordered as a paid for side but I thought it was odd that there was literally nothing. I'd had the porterhouse for 2 with Dad last year which comes with sides so hadn't remembered this about the Yachtsman.

This was lovely. The mashed potato (although it didn't say on the menu) had a really nice cheesy flavour which wasn't over powering.

We also ordered a side of truffle macaroni and cheese.

Marie really likes this and I had the first time we had it but today found the truffle flavouring too strong. I also had heartburn all night which I think was as a result of the mac & cheese.

This would have cost again around $150 but cost us 4 TS credits and the $12 or so for the mac & cheese plus a tip.

We didn't bother with dessert as we were too full and had decided to walk across to the Boardwalk to the bakery to get a dessert for later.

I had a strawberry and cream cheesecake and Marie a chocolate éclair. This cost us 2 snacks.
My cupcake was lovely, loads of frosting with a nice light sponge. Unfortunately I couldn't do it justice and didn't eat it all.
Marie said the éclair was nice enough but not a lot of chocolate.

Total credit use today was 4 TS and 2 snacks.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List