View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 14, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Continued from above...

We were all done & dusted by 6.30pm and so as it was still early we popped across the car park to Target to pick up some beer, wine & WWE figures (all the essentials! )

and from there we decided to go to Downtown Disney.

I really love DTD. I’m not much of a shopper but I love browsing the shops there, and was looking forward to letting the boys loose in Goofy’s Candy Co after watching them drool over all the goodies on offer on Google images in the months leading up to the holiday.

First stop though was World of Disney, my spiritual home. I usually do a walk through on my first visit, eyeing up possible purchases for a future visit, but there were a couple of things I definitely wanted, a Mickey bottle opener & bottle stop, and I also saw a cute little spoon rest too. I then spotted a really nice throw, and having lost out in the past when going back at a later date to buy a photo frame, only to find that it had completely vanished from the shelves, I decided to purchase the throw there & then rather than risking it disappearing altogether.

$11.95 each

$59.95

The total for these goodies came to $95.80 + tax, so I handed over the money, which included a $100 bill only for the CM to announce that she didn’t think my $100 was real and had to check with a manager before she could accept it! The notes had looked different when I received them but a quick check on the internet reassured me that they were just new, but I will admit I was panicking a bit, knowing that I had a big wad of them at home! Thankfully the manager was in the loop and so I was able to pay for my goodies...

From there we headed round to Goofy’s Candy Co, where the boys weighed up their options. I hate to say this, but I don’t have the receipts from this visit, only one for some caramel popcorn ($3.45), which was Daniel’s choice, as well as a couple of chocolate strawberries which he developed a special love for (not the white chocolate ones though, they weren’t so good).

At $4 a pop, it was a love affair that wasn’t looking likely to flourish too much…….

I got myself some chocolate turtle fudge, but I didn’t really like it that much, and it spent the rest of the holiday in the fruit bowl at the villa. I have no idea what Adam had, and neither does he. He will probably have had a slushy though after we all enjoyed sampling all the different flavours. 

We spent a couple of hours at DTD, wandering in and out of the shops. It has a lovely atmosphere, especially in the evening, although I do realise that it will be completely different in the summer time and so I’m bracing myself for the crowds in August, and sharpening my elbows in preparation.

Back to the villa to open up the Bud Light Limes and wine and enjoy a game or two of table tennis before heading up to bed, looking forward to the ‘new’ park we would be visiting the following day

Day 6 - Busch Gardens + All Day Dining

Edited at 09:16 PM.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List