View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Please dont apologize. As you know tipping is a difficult subject to address and for that reason its difficult to give an amount. Last time we ate at Park Fayre in Disney GF, dinner buffet there were 4 of us and it was our treat to pay for some one as it was there first time to Disney. Think it was about $45 each at least and we left a 20% tip. I remember thinking I could feed us for a week for the price of the meal and tip lol and really all the waitress had done was top up our drinks and cleared a few plates. We had to wait in line for the food. My point being at least for the gratuity on Carnival we were treated so very well. I can say with my hand on my heart every single member of staff were amazing. I really hope you have the same experience. As for tipping we tip 20% at restaurants, Uber and the usual, but dont know how you would ever work that out on a meal that you are not paying for at the time. I know others who tip a lot more, others who tip less but thats what we go with if the service is average. In Vegas we leave $4 per day for the housekeeping lady...there are just 2 of us. Maybe the best time to decide is when you have experienced the service and see if you want to tip at all or you will know what you think they deserve?
Please dont take any of this personally as I really do think other posters are just trying to help. Hope you have a wonderful time and I am so very jealous lol
Hi. Thanks for your understanding. I appreciate your advice. I may have misinterpreted one of the posts on the thread.
I'm sure we will have a great time and the crew will be friendly and helpful.
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List