View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 08, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

By the time we got off the train it was just before 12pm and we were all hungry so we went to Miss Katie’s Sideboard Restaurant for lunch. The restaurant was really cool, it was themed like an old fashioned house with old pictures and ornaments everywhere.

Our server was called Trout and she was dressed in a checked dress and apron. She brought us a plate of onion petals, fried pickles and sweet potato and cinnamon chips to share, all of which were really good. She took our order and then came back and hand threw some freshly baked rolls to us, straight from the oven. We saw Trout baking some more and then glazing them, they did this every 10 minutes or so before putting them in baskets and taking them to tables. For our mains Nick had Southern fried chicken with home baked fries and corn, I had southern fried chicken with home baked fries and coleslaw, Sophie had chicken tenders with home baked fries and coleslaw, Paul had southern fried catfish with fries and mac and cheese and Mum had a meatloaf sandwich with mash and gravy. All was very good but very filling.
Sorry no food pictures but I did get one of them baking the rolls

After lunch we went over to the ariel tramway station where we waited about 10 minutes before riding up to the top of the mountain. We were at the front and it was great as we rode to the top, the final bit where we went over the top of the mountain was great fun.

Adventures of An Ex Cast-Member & Disney Virgin ~ Pre-trippie ;April-May 2008 ~ Villa, RPR, CSR (Trip Report); July/August 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Miami; January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; July 1998 - I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale - 2 weeks; Trippies; Our Spooky DLP Celebration ~ Halloween 2008; Cowboys, Chicken and Country Music ~ Tennessee Adventure 2008
ariel2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List