View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
It’s the daily mail and the sun, it’s more then likely plucked out of thin air!

The USA seems to be on the second wave or still not fully at the peak of the first one so you wouldn’t want an air bridge until that’s over. but as we know a lot can change in a relatively short space of time.

Given the expected 2nd wave when the weather turns in October the end of this year may be optimistic!

Will be in interesting few months, should hear from oxford in the next 6 weeks about thier vaccine and how it’s getting on in Brazil and here.
I really hate it when people say things like this.

Yes it is in the Sun/Daily Mail, but I actually still read the article and to be fair it has very valid points regarding the reasoning behind the varying times that countries will open, which strangely marry up to the time-frames you give yourself, which I'm guessing are based on your own opinion and views seen in other media.

So USA/South America/Mexico are currently seeing a huge spike in cases, of the same numbers we were seeing in March/April during lockdown - so if those figures are still going up and it took us 3 months to get to where we are now, it is perfectly logical that those Countries won't be seeing air travel open up until November/December - maybe even later. They caveat it by saying 'maybe later', and reference USA being in an election year and the risks of opening up too early before the election takes place.

They also state that opening other borders is dependent on how cases are seen within the Countries mentioning Portugal who are currently seeing a spike as being on the list that can be travelled to, but also under review.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List