Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It depends on the definition of "enjoying work" (bear with me).

Many of us enjoy doing hobbies. We do them for free or even pay to do them. I enjoy going to the cinema, reading a good book, eating a nice meal in a restaurant, etc. All those things I choose to pay to do.

So... do I enjoy my work enough that I would choose to pay to do my job? No. Do I enjoy my work enough that I would do it for nothing? No.

I primarily do the work I do because I am paid to do it. I need money to pay the bills therefore I come to work. If someone gave me millions of pounds I would stop going to work and do something more enjoyable instead. If the company decided to no longer pay me (or paid me significantly less than I'm getting now) then I would stop going to work and look for a job that did pay me enough.

Therefore, by that definition, I do not enjoy work.

However, I don't hate my job. It's reasonably satisfying. I get to use my brain at times. The people I work with are friendly. There's a good work-life balance. I get paid reasonably well (although I'll happily take a pay rise!). But I wouldn't go quite so far as saying I "enjoy" it - because, well, I don't (see above).

By my definition, I suspect the same is true for most people.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List