View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 13, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coventry_family View Post
Why not tell them what they are getting for Christmas while you are ar it? How can you say it's not fair on the kids? What a daft comment.

My kids love the magic of surprises and I hope to keep it that way as long as possible
Whenever you tell them it will still be a surprise . I'm not saying dont do some kind of " reveal" to make the actual announcement something special.

It won't be fair on the kids ( leaving until the last minute to tell them ) because they miss out on all the excitement and planning of looking forward to the trip. Their disney holiday lasts a few days. You are enjoying the build up to it for months. How many dibber do a dance to celebrate it being just 500 /100/10 days until they go ? Loads because the build up to it is part of the whole " experience "

Just the same as half the excitement of Christmas is the expectation of what it is going to be like, not what the actual presents are. Christmas just wouldn't be the same if you just woke up one morning to tell them "today is Christmas Day, I've been keeping it a surprise from you. Are you really pleased ? "

You have chosen a perfect example to back up my point . Thanks.

Edited at 08:25 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List