View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 12, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Lists, lists and more lists! My planning/packing/faffing around all starts from the minute I book the holiday! (Yes, sometimes that is months in advance!)

I buy all my bits and bobs as I go, s deodorant here, shampoo there etc, goodies for the plane and I keep them all in a box in my wardrobe and periodically check what I have against the list I've made of what I need! It's something I learnt from my mum and it's been working a treat for us for as long as I can remember! I seriously don't know where I'd be without my lists!

The same goes for packing too. I pack as little as possible as I don't mind doing a load of washing whilst I'm out there - less to take = more space to bring goodies home! A week or so before the trip I'll get all my clothes together and bin bag them up so I don't accidentily wear them (which I have a habit of doing!). Then when I start packing I just check it all off the list as it goes in the suitcase. At this point anything I don't have (unless it's medical) I will just buy when I get out there!

Like I said, it's all about the lists..and a cheeky glass or two lol!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List