View Single Post
Old 22 May 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Thank you for being patient! I have about 8 million photos to sort through lol. I'm going to switch to uploading them from my Flickr account as I think they will look better than the upload feature on here.

Travel Day- V-Room continued

We both got some hot breakfast from the counter. I asked for sausage, beans, bacon and hash brown as I don't eat egg. This was tasty!

DH got an eggs benedict and a sausage sandwich. So although they have meals written on the board, you can just choose whatever you want.

We also had juice and coffee etc. After an hour or so I had some pancakes from the pancake making machine, which because I am a child I covered in sauce and sprinkles. These were really yummy and light! I've seen the pancake machines before but this made larger ones than usual

I also had some fruit

DH had a millionaires shortbread and milk. I had a bite and it was good!

Before coming in the lounge we'd stopped to buy sandwiches and a cookie from Pret for the plane, wish we hadn't wasted money with the cookie as we could have just taken some from the V-Room. Oh well.

Overall we loved the V-Room- it was 100% worth £22 each considering how much a hot breakfast costs in the airport. We sat in the adults only section and had a great time chilling out on the day beds in there watching the runway and flicking through Virgin Holidays brochures fantasy shopping.

Even the family section wasn't too loud or busy. When I was waiting for pancakes an adorable little girl spent 10 minutes telling me how she was going to Disneyworld to see Mickey *heart melts*

They also have a fun gaming section with xbox consoles, beanbags, a racing simulator and a photo booth

The only negative I can say about the V-Room was that the email feature of the photobooth was broken so we didn't get the photos we took on there But overall I think all other airport lounges are now spoilt for us lol. We usually book a lounge like No.1 but its not in the same league.

They have departure boards showing flights in the lounge but they also do announcements letting you know when a Virgin flight is boarding. They did one for ours saying the gate number but that it wasn't yet ready for boarding, and we can continue to chill out in the lounge for a while. We decided to head straight over and it was a long walk, the opposite side of the terminal! They started boarding not long after we got there so the people who stayed longer must have had to really rush over.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List