View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Ohhhh another one of us off to Tokyo ! You did not say what time of year you are planning to go, so may I ask when?

Mr "kevin_cambs_uk" is Mr Japan Trains (other here know loads too! ) so I will leave that side of it for him to come back on I think.

<<Is there enough to do for 4/5 hours without
<<going into disney on the first day? We land at
<<10:30 so i expect to be arriving in disney area
<<about 13:00 to 14:00. Is there a "downtown" type
<<area? I know if i'd never been to DLP then there
<<is definitely enough to keep me busy for 4/5 hours
<<(DD would be in the lego shop the whole time I
<<suspect... )
Much like DLP, there is a Downtown Disney Area called IKSPIARI - ikspiari/ - but it is in Japanese, so use Google Chrome and let it translate for you, but it has shopping , food etc. there. Walk out of the Hilton and less than 5 mins (at bottom of hotel driveway!) is the Bayside Disney Monorail station – one of the stops on that is Ikspiari. The monorail costs but it is like a quid or two.
Have you thought how tired you might be after a long flight, and perhaps an hour or so might be all you need to kill before you need to go to bed?

<<Hilton Tokyo Bay is coming in about 21.6K¥ inc breakfast.
<<This is about £150pn (depending on exchange of
<<course). Is this a reasonable price to expect for room
<<plus breakfast or am I best waiting? I have no experience
<<of tokyo or disney area, this (on the face) seems a little
<<steep but then again is IS in the disney area.
There is a Sheraton hotel next to the Hilton, that people here have been to and think is excellent, how the prices look for there?
The breakfast price at the Hilton, how does it look without breakfast, perhaps grabbing a snack in the park might do you, and save a lot of money?
Tokyo Disney is often part of the semi-regular flash Hilton sales, but you have to be quick to nab them, but you might be going at a busy time for Japan so not sure if would work for you.
Are you a member of the Hilton Honors scheme? Free to join and knocks a 1000 or so Yen off the price each night.

<<do disney tickets (for the park) have offers or is
<<is "book as quick as you can because the price
<<onlygoes up!"?
If you stay at the Hilton or Sheraton you can buy them in the hotel – remember you need to pay for them in cash, they do not let you buy them with credit card. They have the benefit of selling tickets that guarantee you entry, even if they close the parks as they have reached capacity. Avoid going to parks at weekend if you can, quieter during week. You can buy them at places like the Disney Stores around Tokyo too, and there are places that let you buy them before you travel if you wanted to, but do not know about them sorry. I plan to buy at the hotel.

Edited at 03:25 PM.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List