Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
carrying on with Dining plans having done days 1-3 a couple of pages back

Day 4: DLP to Europa Park

Hotel/guest house breakfast to start the day as we check out (unless it's been terrible for the last 2 days in which case we might skip). Need to drive a few hours across from central France to the German border so we'll set out relatively early and maybe lunch at Plombieres-les-bains if we decide to stop at that spa I mentioned.

This place looks like a possible for post-spa eats Brasserie le Square highly rated and has to be worth a punt if it also looks alright/popular from the street
This shot of the dessert offering should be enough to convince DD

As well as the spa Plombieres-les-bains (does that really translate as Plumbers the Baths ) also has a miniature village thing and mini-golf so we'll see how we're feeling but may linger here a bit longer or switch between those, time and weather depending.

Intention is to check into our teepee at Europa Park before dinner and then we'll go for dinner. Haen't quite decided if that will be on or offsite just yet. They have a very fancy (1 Michelin star) tasting menu place called Ammolite - the Restaurant in one of the onsite hotels. I'll be honest I could definitely have gone for this but it's:
1) way out of budget and
2) not that sort of trip.

Plus DW would have killed me when she saw the photos so instead we might go to the more prosaic Silver Lake Saloon which is the campsite's main restaurant
Hoop de doo Revuecowboyshowen

...but this is the breakfast place and we've three of those so we may go somewhere else onsite like Captain's Finest

As the menu excerpt shows this is significantly less Captain Birdseye than the name may suggest, not as fancy as the Michelin place but for a quick pasta main and a dessert it may well be the choice. Full menus and food pictures will of course be included with the main report

This appears to be Yachtsman's Steakhouse-esque in a Yacht and Beach Club-esque hotel (the Bell Rock) and it will be very interesting to compare both the quality and the prices with the Orlando places (I haven't been to the closest DLP equivalents if they exist).

So that's Day 4. Should be good, I have high hopes for Day 4.

Day 5 Europa Park

Breakfast is included at the camp so it's teepee then Hoop dee Nein Saloon. Suspiciously I can't find any pictures of the 'sumptuous buffet' online but I imagine pork will be heavily involved so it's fine.

Then we're off into the park for a bit of early access and hopefully a long old day of fun with a tonne of new stuff to see and ride. For lunch I'm considering the SWR Rock Cafe which looks like a cute diner and burgers place

I haven't worked out if you can book it yet because it looks the sort of place that will be obscenely popular. There's loads of restaurants in Europa Park and most seem to be QS so fairly relaxed about this. They also have a place that delivers the food on rails which is tempting but...a bit of a gimmick. We may pop in for photos though.
Gromit! It's given me peas again. I don't like peas Gromit

For dinner I figured we might pop out into Rust or Colmar but we're equally likely to eat on the go in the park and crash out. DD isn't big into the Halloween scare stuff which they have a lot of so we may end up leaving early evening for that (and it's ticketed/not clear if we could stay anyway). We'll wing this one for once

Day 6 - Europa Park

Breakfast at the campsite and a variety of QS possibles for lunch. With the emphasis here on rides I'm definitely up for QS and there's a few shortlisted including:
Intrigued, yes. Scared, maybe?

Look how happy these folks are at Walter's Sausage Booth

As tempting as Walter's sounds the food reviewer in me says it may have to be the Russian place to CMAK my chips up as the Prodigy might have sung if they ever did an ad.

As it's our last night at Europa Park and there's a long drive the next day a dinner at Silver Lake Saloon/Hoop Ze Doo is probably the sensible move.
Can I see the Vegan menu please

Aside from another cowboy breakfast that's it for the EuropaPark dining. Will pick up later to round this off on Days 7-10. I also need to buy some DLP tickets.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 07:56 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List