View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Thanks Simon & Suzann. What age would you say the tubing at Kelly Park is suitable for? I have a 14 year old and 11 year old plus a 5 year old. Is it possible the 5 year old could go on my knee tubing?
Also the cost as I got. Bit confused by the coating between that and rainbow. Is it $5 total at Kelly Park plus just the cost of your tube hire if you don’t have them?
The kids will love it there. There is the tubing plus a sort of chill pool area where the tubing goes into. This would be ideal for you all to laze out and safe for the 5 yr old (there is a deep bit about 4 foot but you easily avoid this area). If you get there early enough you will also see loads of wildlife.

Kelly Park is $5 per car.

Tubes you have 2 options:
1. You hire tubes from outside which is extra and i don't know the price as we never hire them but i would guess they are about $5 each. Just be warned though that you have to get the inflated tubes from where you hire them into the park which can be a nightmare
2. We always buy them from Walmart and a cheap handpump for a few dollars which blows them up in literally a few minutes. If you are going to the beach or use them in pool then buying them is probably your best bet.

You can also take cooler boxes in with drinks and food to save a few dollars. You can get cheap white polystyrene type ones from Walmart for about $4.

Yes the 5yr old could sit on your lap no problem. There is an easy walk in shallow get in the ring spot at the top. There are small stones there though (imagine a shingly beach kind of thing like the spain ones) so maybe water shoes but we never bother to be honest.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List