View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 18, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

I’ve been to all of them apart from Longleat.
Whinfell is our closest so generally go there most of time.
I really like Woburn, it is smaller which I don’t mind but you are correct about the pool. We have young children and love slides so that bit is excellent. But the main pool is too small and there is no where to swim. Also feel the lake should be in the middle so you can walk around it.

Sherwood is the original site, it’s quite big but all flat. (Unlike whinfell!)
For older children the pool is great. Outdoor rapids are brilliant and it has a good size outdoor pool. For younger children I feel the pool isn’t that great. They are due a refurb soon.
The outside of the lodges look a bit dated but inside is fine.
The centre is like a little village and will be lovely during winter wonderland. Which I really recommend, we do it every year.

As to location it depends what you want and if you want to be close.
We have stayed on the far side of the lake, nearer the pub/golf area in the summer. With a view over the lake was lovely.
Also stayed a lot closer in Maple, near the pancake house. Depends if don’t mind walking/will take/hire bikes.

It’s not like Woburn where I wouldn’t want to be the wrong side of “the hill”. I know longleat has two sections with a little train? I think the furthest lodge at sherwood is no more than 20 min walk from the centre.

Definitely also have a look at Elevden if it’s not too far away.
The pool is great there, similar little village to Sherwood, nice lake etc.

Edited at 08:26 AM.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List